Depend on Connected IO to connect your utility infrastructure, city services, or public Wi-Fi.
Depend on Connected IO to connect your utility infrastructure, city services, or public Wi-Fi. Use cases include:
Smart cities can mean different things to different people, but the key idea is the digital connectivity, typically wireless, of sensors, monitors and controllers to more efficiently manage the responsibilities of city managers.
- Networked streetlights that report when they’re working, dim or turn on as necessary.
- Trash cans that report when they need service.
- Parking meters that handle transactions and alert customers.
- Smart irrigation systems that minimize water usage and allow for granular billing, encouraging conservation.
- Shot monitors that report gunshots to police.
- Incident response backup to city trunked-radio systems.
- Public Wi-Fi
According to IDC, Public Wi-Fi is the most widely deployed Smart City use case. Early public Wi-Fi had little to no security, limited coverage, and poor performance, particularly as multiple users accessed the Wi-Fi network. With Connected IO, cities can deliver:
- Wire-speed performance
- Much larger cell sizes
- WAN redundancy
- End-to-end encryption
- Overall seamless user experience